IIT Aspirants Can Reappear in 2013 Board Exam For Better Percentile

Earn up to 40 per post as scholarship. Unlimited earning potential per month.
Exchange career information, knowledge, interview questions, campus tests, notes & tutorials, give/get answers...

JEE Advanced Paper Pattern IIT aspirants who appeared for CBSE in 2012 can now reappear for the examination next year in order to improve their percentage to meet the admission criteria for IIT.

Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) aspirants who took the Class 12 board exam this year can write them again next year to improve their scores to meet the entrance criteria for engineering institutes, according to a Ministry of Human Resources Development (MHRD) ministry circular on 14th August 2012.

From next year, Class 12 board exam marks will form the basis for entry into the IITs, and will become screening criteria for the National Institutes of Technology (NITs) and other engineering colleges.

To secure a seat in the IITs, candidates will only be eligible if they are within the top 20 per cent of their board. The IIT-Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) will be held in two parts — the top 1.5 lakh students who clear the JEE-Main exam will be allowed to appear for JEE-Advanced.

Admission to NITs will be based on 40% weightage to board exam marks, normalised through a percentile score, while the remaining 60% will be for performance in the JEE-Main exam.

Students are being allowed a second attempt since these changes were announced after the 2012 board exams. The JEE can be taken twice, and the decision will benefit those who intend to appear for it again next year.

Filed in: Latest Education News Tags: , , , ,
Copyright 2023 e-Trix Data Solutions