JEE Main To Have Negative Marking Scheme

Earn up to 40 per post as scholarship. Unlimited earning potential per month.
Exchange career information, knowledge, interview questions, campus tests, notes & tutorials, give/get answers...

JEE Main To Have Negative Marking Scheme The Central Board Secondary Education has made some clarifications on eligibility criteria, application procedure, paper pattern and marking scheme of the first ever JEE Main to be conducted offline on 7 April 2013 and online sometime between 8 April to 30 April 2013, the exact dates to be declare later. The JEE Advance shall be conducted only offline on June 2′ 2013.

The minimum academic qualification for appearing in JEE (MAIN) 2013 is that a candidate must have passed the final examination of 10+2 (Class XII) or its equivalent referred to as the qualifying examination. Those appearing in 10+2 (Class XII) final or equivalent examination in 2013 may also appear in JEE(MAIN) 2013 provisionally.

The test will be fully objective type with Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) pattern with one correct answer to choose from 4 options for each question. Thought no deduction on score shall be made for not answering a question, a quarter mark (1/4 mark) shall be deducted for a wrong answer.

The students will have to fill the forms for JEE Main online only as there will be no physical sale of registration forms. The registration will open online from 1st November 2012 on the official site of the JEE Main .

CBSE will open facilitation centres to help students fill the online forms. The list of facilitation centres will be released shortly before the form filling date arrives.

As has been already made known, Only the top 1.5 lakh candidates (including all categories) based on performance in JEE Main will qualify to appear in the JEE Advanced examination. The board had also decided that admission to any of the various branches of the Indian Institute of Technology will be based on category-wise All India Rank (AIR) in JEE Advanced, subject to the condition that such candidates are in the top 20 percentile categories in their respective Boards/Qualifying Examinations. Admission to NITs will be based on 40 % weightage for performance in Class XII board marks (normalised) and the remaining 60 % weightage would be given to performance in JEE Main and a combined All India Rank (AIR) would be decided accordingly.

The policy could also be adopted by other Centrally Funded Technical Institutions ( CFTIs) and participating Institutions.

The board further decided that in case any state opts to admit students in the engineering colleges affiliated to state universities where the a separate merit list based on relative weightage adopted by it is required, the merit list will be prepared accordingly.

The JEE-Main examination will also be conducted in regional languages of the state on request for state engineering colleges/ universities. However JEE-Advanced will be conducted in English/Hindi medium only.

Filed in: Latest Education News Tags: , , , ,
Copyright 2023 e-Trix Data Solutions